So, you’re getting into the business of multifamily real estate. Like it or not, you’re also getting into the business of marketing and promotions. But how do you build a platform online and attract the capital you need to grow?
Kyle Wilson is a marketing icon in the personal development space, promoting the likes of Og Mandino, Les Brown, and Robin Sharma, just to name a few. For 18 years, he served as Jim Rohn’s business partner, taking Jim from 20 speaking events per year at $4K each to 110 events at $25K—and creating Jim Rohn International along the way. Today, Kyle does high-end coaching and consulting and hosts the Kyle Wilson Inner Circle Mastermind. He has helped more than 200 thought leaders become published authors with multiple bestselling books.
On this episode, Kyle joins me to explain how he got into the personal development space and reflect on the top lessons he learned from working with legends like Jim Rohn, Zig Ziglar and Brian Tracy. He shares his best marketing principles for building a brand, discussing how tactics have changed over time but principles haven’t. Kyle walks us through an exercise for finding your secret sauce and describes the 4 things that he looks for on a website. Listen in for Kyle’s insight around building a platform and learn how to promote yourself as a multifamily real estate investor!
How Kyle got into the personal development space
- Moved to Dallas at age 26, attended seminar
- Offered job making cold calls + selling tickets
- Started own venture and partnered with Jim Rohn
The top takeaways Kyle learned from Jim Rohn
- Key to better future is YOU
- Success is predictable
- Be a student, not a follower
- How can I bring value?
Kyle’s marketing principles for building a brand
- Connect the dots
- Tactics change but principles don’t
- Great product
- Customer service
- Be strategic (one thing knocks down ALL dominoes)
- Leverage ‘the wheel’
How marketing tactics have changed over time
- From commodity products to free content
- Start with social media + build email list
What Kyle wants to see on a website
- Social proof
- Creative opt in
Kyle’s favorite lessons from his newsletter
- It takes time to build something great
- Pay the price now
- Never do good deal with bad guy
- Prime time is big time
Why Kyle came out of retirement
- Unhappy, open to personal development
- Connect talented people with right audience
How to find your own secret sauce
- What am I good at?
- What do I enjoy?
- What are my successes?
- How do others see me?
- What am I FOR?
- What am I AGAINST?
The challenge around putting yourself out there
- Tendency to diminish own story
- How much influence do you want to have?
Connect with Kyle Wilson